(Senior) Backend Developer - Node.js (m/f/d) in Munich
Who we are:
At limehome, we design a better place for people who want to change their way of travelling, living and working. With our premium apartments furnished in a contemporary look, in high quality, and at exceptional value for money, run by our radical digital operating model. We also provide a better place for people to grow, have a lasting impact and fun together. We encourage our limehomies to host with heart and shoot for the stars. This enables us to achieve our vision of being the most loved brand in travelling, accommodation and serviced living. Where we are making stays more enjoyable for everyone through our digital-enabled guest journey. We support mindsets with innovative ideas and big dreams which question the status quo. This is the culture we live in. Through our Tech DNA, we are live in more than 65 locations in Germany, Austria and Spain – and this is just the beginning.
Become a part to shape the limehome product that is offering and guaranteeing the highest quality at our locations.
You'll be hosting with heart by:
- Build the tech operating system of the next generation of hotels
- Develop microservices that help to automate 90% of today's hotel operations and ensure they are up and running 24/7 to give our guests the pleasant experience they deserve
- Connect our property management system to many different third parties, from booking engines up to door locking systems and make sure the information keeps flowing
- Develop a booking engine and include payment services in a way that people just love the easy and convenient experience of booking their next vacation with us
- And so much more, we're just getting started :)
What we believe in (Engineering Principles):
- Infrastructure as Code (GitOps)
- Serverless first: We actively avoid running servers
- We value simplicity - build only what we need now (*and this doesn’t mean d..🐥b things)
- Our approach to solving problems is: business value first, tooling second
Our Tech Stack includes:
- Domain-Oriented Microservice Architecture
- Environments built around Serverless Framework and AWS Cloudformation
- High volume AWS RDS PostgreSQL, DynamoDB databases
- AWS ElastiCache for Redis
- Gitlab for CI/CD
What you need to shoot for the stars:
- Experience with cloud provider APIs, concepts, and architectures (e.g. AWS Lambda, AWS API Gateway and AWS Cloudformation)
- Experience with serverless application development with AWS technologies
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Hands-on experiences in many disparate technologies and emerging platforms
- Ability to work closely with other members of the tech team as well as with all other business domains
- Be curious to experiment and leave established paths to create something exceptional
- Believing in continuous learning and improvement, not afraid to make mistakes to achieve your goal
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree, preferably in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
We're designed to stay because:
- We offer proper onboarding so you can strive for success, through welcome days, trainings, and so on, both digital and in person.
- You have the freedom to innovate and design your perfect working day, whether it be in our beautiful office in Munich, in Madrid or from home.
- We are #oneteam with a transparent company culture by staying up to date with each other through team stand-ups, regular All-Hands, and suite events (Summer, Wiesn, Christmas)
- We go all-in with you and hand you responsibility from the beginning to build the best PropTech Start-Up together
- We make sure that you keep growing - through constant feedback, peer reviews, and exchanges with a focus on your development.
- We do everything for our limehomies - with a focus on your physical wellbeing (Urban Sports Club), to your mental wellbeing (Nilo. health), or even staycations in one of our beautiful limehomes, and many more suite benefits. Join us and find out! ;)
We provide a better place for people to grow, have a lasting impact, and fun together. Apply now to design a better place for people who want to change their way of traveling, living and working!
Dilan and our Tech and Engineering team are looking forward to your application! Let's speak!